Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

The Dollar Stretcher Community has a new home!

Feel free to read the great frugal living tips, ideas and discussions readers and community members have posted here. But if you'd like to post something or start a discussion, please click here to go over to our new community site and create an account.

Please contact Brandy@stretcher.com for questions about these forums.

Great Service at bikerackshops.com

Last post Sat, Aug 27 2011 2:20 AM by seaturtle. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, May 31 2011 4:02 PM

Great Service at bikerackshops.com

DH and I wanted to get a bike rack for our van. We don't have a hitch receiver for our van, so we needed to get the trunk-mounted kind. We looked at several online shops, but www.bikerackshops.com had the best selection and prices.

DH placed the order for the bike rack we wanted. Within a couple of hours, a representative from the company actually called us to apologize that the rack we wanted was out of stock, and not expected to be reordered in the near future. Instead, he offered us a nicer bike rack at the same cost as the one we originally ordered.

How awesome is that?

Too often the Web is a place of anonymity, where people don't have to interact with real people. It was refreshing to know that this particular business still values the courtesy of a phone call. They could have easily sent us an e-mail saying, "sorry, it's out of stock." I appreciated the time they took to speak with us personally.

Stacie

http://holdinghandswithmyhoney.blogspot.com/
  • Wed, Jun 1 2011 1:01 AM In reply to

Re: Great Service at bikerackshops.com

I had much the same happen today. I went to exchange some paint at Sherwin-Williams. They were out of the grade I'd returned and gave me a much better paint for the same price.

Needless to say, I will return there again. 

I don't believe I have ever had a real live person call like that. With service like that, word-of-mouth will be a deserved advertising for them.

• Fri, Aug 26 2011 6:26 AM In reply to

slk2042, great story. It's not very common to hear something like that from a place selling bike racks to be honest (or any other bike accessories / bikes). With the profit margins being very low you were very lucky to get that discount. Well done to the shop.
  • Sat, Aug 27 2011 2:20 AM In reply to

I had the same experience at Sherwin-Williams.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

The Dollar Stretcher has a new community!

Feel free to read the great frugal living tips, ideas and discussions readers and community members have posted here. But if you'd like to post something or start a discussion, please click here to go over to our new community site and create an account.

About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us