Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Would government shutdown affect SSI and food stamps?

Last post 04-11-2011 11:32 PM by sissy. 18 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (19 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-08-2011 9:46 PM In reply to

Re: Would government shutdown affect SSI and food stamps?

Thank retired for the grrrrr and seaturtle I i already got zapped already I have to pay for glass's which is really needed in my direction I can't see with out them I wear tri foucal thats how bad my eyes are getting and dental I am only  allowed in only for emgerancy and I am now half paying for my meds that is ok but for my glasses I ticked and if I didn't have my paxcil and trilitol Im in for it and I have to know pay for the therapist  that I don't need just to get in to get a precription it has to be with a nurse that is experieanced witht mental health meds I don't need to bounce off the wall one minute and whine the secound minute pheeewwwwwwww I just have to eat in from now on I was just going to get the empt for get it now I will just wait.

• 04-08-2011 10:04 PM In reply to

cheapChic, I have no dental or eyeglass coverage, either. The local lions Club wil help with glasses, though. I am really scared of losing my medication coverage. They are really necessary for me.

Went to a food shelf and got some nice things. That helps a lot.

Always good to see your posts!

• 04-09-2011 8:36 PM In reply to

Yes cindy lost a few things already threw the meds to dental to her glass's if she donnot  get those meds believe me she is biplar very mild she functionial but she stand there one minute forgets something because her short term memory is not kicking in to her whines the next she says whine she gets so upset one minute because she forgets  and get this that lady can drive a car and do a car title this I don't get oh the meds cindy does this have the pharmacy give you the phone number to the company who does the pills and ask them for coupons to almost getting them free tell them that you are low income and you do need you medication everyday they might give you a discount or coupons I am calling around for cindy tomorrow about the triliptol it helps comensate for the imbalanced she has it evens out to almost correct it just to function every day.

chrissanne
  • 04-09-2011 8:47 PM In reply to

Oh seaturtle I was told you will still be paid there is round the clock phone service to your 1-800 number to the social surity office cindy was on the phone yesterday about this she was a little nervouse not scared just nervouse boy got to hand it to cindy she has not had a panic attck about this yet she sure came along way.

chrissanne
  • 04-09-2011 11:23 PM In reply to

Sissy sister dear uhhh didn't get ahold of them yesterday I stayed on that goofie phone for 30 minutes to the point I gave up I assume the money will come seaturtle but this is now getting me wondering if I should panic or just bite my nails and wait this is getting seriouse so back to getting ahold of them on monday I don't have a case worker so I am getting one soon if I have to sit at that office all day on tuesday...

• 04-10-2011 9:57 PM In reply to

CheapChic, what we can do is to contact our legislators and tell them how it would hurt and urge them to stop the cuts. I know it may seem pointless, but if enough people speak out, they will listen.

Sort of lost my appetite over this one.

• 04-11-2011 8:20 PM In reply to

Seaturtle yes I know what you mean finally got ahold of someone there is more cuts next year Im told its not their fault they say due to all the abuse the system has I think I did lose the appitite and Im now in somehow they have gotten anexirty up that is ok when the panic attacks come Im in for it and your right we need to tell them that it does us like you me and speically debra if we did not have our meds we all be in a mess I think there is more calling I just got the foot threw the door mode.

• 04-11-2011 11:05 PM In reply to

cheapChic, I'm doing a lot of advocating and protesting wherever I can.

Love those panic attacks...

• 04-11-2011 11:32 PM In reply to

Hi seaturtle I love your posts great Cindy had a full blown attack an hour ago she freaked out couple of hours ago middle sister has the cancer Im little in and sad even when hubby died 8 months ago so we are uh  duh and slum mode cindy made an appointment to get in the ssi office she is not on food stamps she can go to the food banks she says save it for the people who really need it so she is trying to get some info on this and believe me Im with you when it comes to you and cindy its not easy being in this crazy world cindy says there is no such thing is normal it should be redefined...lol

chrissanne
Page 2 of 2 (19 items) < Previous 1 2
About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us