Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

The Dollar Stretcher Community has a new home!

Feel free to read the great frugal living tips, ideas and discussions readers and community members have posted here. But if you'd like to post something or start a discussion, please click here to go over to our new community site and create an account.

Please contact Brandy@stretcher.com for questions about these forums.

Share your praise reports for this week

Last post Wed, Apr 6 2011 6:51 AM by 4givennotperfect. 10 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (11 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Apr 1 2011 9:38 AM

• babs
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on Mon, Apr 2 2007
    • Vermont
    • Posts 10,988

Share your praise reports for this week

Please share your blessings, answers to prayer for this week, Babs

Officially recognized Stretchpert in Prayer Circle
  • Fri, Apr 1 2011 9:40 AM In reply to

• babs
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Female
    • Vermont
    • Posts 10,988

Re: Share your praise reports for this week

I am thiankful for the bills to be paid and some money to help DS and his family until his new job starts, thankful for the daffodills sticking up out of the snow, for DH opportunities to travel this comiong week to teach and preach. Thankful for a good place to care for our Moms. THankful for G'ds forgiveness when i mess up, Babs

• Fri, Apr 1 2011 11:39 AM In reply to

We had a lot of unusual expenses this month--DD's AP fees ($368), DD and my yearly dental visit ($245), snack fees for DD's track meet ($120), DD's SAT registration fee ($47), and a car registration fee ($20). Praise the Lord, we made it through the month! He is good to provide!

Stacie

http://holdinghandswithmyhoney.blogspot.com/
  • Fri, Apr 1 2011 12:11 PM In reply to

DH has willingly chosen to take the new kitty which stays because he feeds her to the vet for worms and today to be spayed because she plays with feral cats in the woods.  AM

• Fri, Apr 1 2011 7:16 PM In reply to

I have had a number of prayers answered this week, & will share a few: 

At the beginning of the week, at 3am, in that awful snowstorm we had, oldest DD drove the ambulance that took a critical patient from the Uintah Basin to a large trauma center in the Salt Lake Valley.  She drove safely through near blizzard conditions, albeit slowly, and on the way BACK, in Heber, the transmission went out on the ambulance.  The crew was close to available repair, phone service & food service while they waited for another vehicle to come & take them back to base.  Thank the Lord for the timing of that breakdown, & for the safety of the patient & the crew.

A new gluten-free bakery has opened up a 2 towns over, & sells within 2 of the stores in my area, one grocery store & one health food store. Their garlic parmesan breadsticks actually taste like bread!

I have lived in this home for 5 years, with less than ideal kitchen space.  I have been trying to de-clutter & fit our belongings to the space, and yesterday in frustration, I finally asked the Lord to help me.  As I looked at the skinny cupboard to the right of the stove, where the pots, pans & cookie sheets have never fit well, I realized that the awkward little half-shelf that is always in the way in that cupboard is EXACTLY the same size as the shelves in the cupboard above.  I took the shelf out, so now the pots, pans & cookie sheets fit in their cupboard.  Then I changed the distribution of the shelves in the cupboard above it, & was able to put in an additional shelf for glasses & mugs.  Cost: zero. I am so grateful for His help.

I need to remember to be humble enough to ask for His help, even in the everyday "to do" stuff.

• Fri, Apr 1 2011 8:36 PM In reply to

Babs I hope you get answer for your prayer me I am waiting next week to see what middle sister says sissy her answer got her a praise from me she lost more weight me I gained it guess when hitting 50 I care less if Im 10 pounds over just happy.

• Sat, Apr 2 2011 12:06 AM In reply to

slk2042:
    We had a lot of unusual expenses this month--DD's AP fees ($368), DD and my yearly dental visit ($245), snack fees for DD's track meet ($120), DD's SAT registration fee ($47), and a car registration fee ($20). Praise the Lord, we made it through the month! He is good to provide!

It was a heavy expense month here, too.  I had 3 crowns that needed replaced, and as a result, I exceeded the allowable amount per individual for our dental insurance.  Thankfully, we have the money in the bank.  I just hadn't planned to use it for dental.  Youngest DD had the water pump go out in her car, so that needed fixed. & all 3 of the car insurance payments were due, but the Lord blessed us with some call-back pay, & took care of us.

• Sat, Apr 2 2011 7:56 AM In reply to

• babs
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Female
    • Vermont
    • Posts 10,988

I do childcare and started caring for a new little boy this month. I hadnt planned on accepting any more children but it was a friends single daughters son. I felt it was an oppourtunity to help. The extra money has been a blessing this month so we could help
    DS that is out of work with gas money , fed him and granddaughter when his wife was working. God knew just what we needed. Thank you Lord, Babs

• Sat, Apr 2 2011 8:29 AM In reply to

This week reminded me of that Francesca Battistelli song -- This Is the Stuff -- where it talks about how G-d uses the little things to teach us patience.  The little things we dealt with this week were literally little -- lice!  I'm so grateful for the lesson in patience G-d gave me.  It takes a severe amount of patience to check through hair for nits and such.

We were also blessed to have enough funds to cover all the little extras we needed this week b/c of the lice.  And I felt blessed with a family who didn't complain about the distinct lack of cooking this week while all this was going on.

And I'm blessed with a mom who totally gets it and supports us and doesn't want us suffering and used her own extra funds to send a kit to our house with a better lice treatment -- and one which will not cause an allergic reaction with me like the OTC one did.  Thank you G-d for my mom!

Officially Recognized Stretchpert in the General forum
  • Sat, Apr 2 2011 8:41 AM In reply to

• babs
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Female
    • Vermont
    • Posts 10,988

Sunshine, often insurance will pay for the precription meds for lice if you have allergies. I cant use the OTC either because of allergies. I have asthma attacks if I use it. I would check for future needs. Lice are so hard. One summer , we ran a summer camp in a rented facility. The people the week before had lice and the bunks werent treated. We ended up with a camp full of kids with lice. Babs

Page 1 of 2 (11 items) 1 2 Next >

The Dollar Stretcher has a new community!

Feel free to read the great frugal living tips, ideas and discussions readers and community members have posted here. But if you'd like to post something or start a discussion, please click here to go over to our new community site and create an account.

About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us