Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Weekend Praise

Last post 02-18-2011 8:06 PM by babs. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-18-2011 7:07 AM

Weekend Praise

Friday again, Prasie the L'rd for all He has done for you this week. Babs

Officially recognized Stretchpert in Prayer Circle
  • 02-18-2011 7:07 AM In reply to

Re: Weekend Praise

I am thankful for the warm weather this week. A lot of the snow on your roof melted. IMy shopping trip gave me some good bargins. Babs

• 02-18-2011 7:33 AM In reply to

You are right. This warm weather is such a blessing. 

We have been blessed with the home deliveries for food and such.   It is wonderful to get my time back along with the stress free events.

One of my piano inquiries resulted in a sign up.  WooHoo. 

You teach people how to treat you -- Dr Phil
  • 02-18-2011 9:19 AM In reply to

We've had beautiful weather all week. It sure does make it easier to keep a cheerful attitude!

We got our taxes done yesterday. That was another blessing. For the 2nd year in a row, we owe $0 to federal and state, so everything that we've had withheld is getting returned to us. PLUS, most of our itemized deductions are getting returned to us as well: all our charitable contributions to church and the local rescue mission are coming back to us as a refund from Uncle Sam.

**This just proves to us God's faithfulness. He says He'll bless us beyond measure if we are cheerful givers. We are walking testimonies that it is TRUE!!**

We're blessed to have two working cars, given the fact that our 17 y.o. has a lot of extracurricular and social activities she wants to participate in. We have a great big backyard we can garden in, we have 3 great kids, and everything we need, plus most of what we want.

Stacie

http://holdinghandswithmyhoney.blogspot.com/
  • 02-18-2011 9:47 AM In reply to

I agree, and PTL for our warm weather. It just seemed like everyone I came into contact with was more cheerful. We are blessed to have this break in winter weather!

I am thankful for one year with my precious baby girl. Every baby is a blessing but she was born on the anniversary of my mom's passing and a true gift from G'd. I thank G'd for my three children and wonderful DH.

I am blessed to have a friend move back here after 10 years of living far away. We are good support for each other.

I am thankful for good health and have a safe home, plenty of food and a good job. I'm blessed!

Oh, and I made a math error in my checking account and I actually have $90 more! My online statement and daily balance was so high for a month. I finally went back to my register and did the math and re-checked all my entries and found a mistake...but a good one! That's a whole week of groceries or 2 full tanks of gas, what a blessing (and I'm thankful it wasn't the other way, $90 short!).

Erika
  • 02-18-2011 11:50 AM In reply to

It has also been warmer here this week, PTL for sunshine and blue skies.  I also want to thank Him for my wonderful DH.  He is doing repairs to my truck today and it will cost substantially less than it would if we had to pay someone to do them.  I'm thankful that he knows how to do these things to help our budget. 

When your outgo exceeds your income, your upkeep is your downfall. - Unknown
  • 02-18-2011 1:20 PM In reply to

I am thankful that AzureStandard co-op comes to my area now.

The pick-up point is just 16 miles away and while that may sound far away to some, the nearest grocery store to me is 30 miles away and it is really small......I have to drive 60 miles to get to what I consider a full-size grocery store and 75 miles to a store that has lots of organic things.

While it has been coming for awhile now, I have just really begun to use it more......Right now they have grapefruit, oranges, lemons, apples, celery, broccoli, potatoes, sweet potatoes, avocado, cabbage, carrots, beets, cauliflower, ginger, garlic, onions and a few other things. I buy cases of some of the produce. We eat it fresh at the beginning of the month and I put some in the freezer or prepare in other ways to eat later on in the month. They have meat, dairy items, frozen veggies, bulk beans and grains and some packaged things. I also get some things from amazon.com subscribe and save.

Maybe it sounds like a silly thing to be thankful for, but I am thankful for this provision!

• 02-18-2011 7:56 PM In reply to

The ice has finally all melted and I did not slip at all the last 2 days!

There is enough money to pay the bills, put gas in the car, and buy some food.  This is a huge blessing.

We started our health contest at work and we had 14 people join.  Last year there was 7 of us and we were aiming for 10, so this is truly remarkable.

I get to work about 4-5 extra hours tomorrow.  I have been worried about money and our new budget and I knew G-d would provide, but I wasn't sure how.  Technically, I work part-time, so whenever the opportunity for extra hours comes around I usually jump at the chance.  Extra hours came around twice this week.  That is proof of G-d's provision for my family.

And a co-worked shared with me how she is advocating to get me full-time.  Knowing someone believes in me like that warms my heart.

DD's mid-term report for her grades was awesome.  There's been some definite improvement and maturity in her this 2nd half of the year.

DH's family will be coming over Sunday for Family Dinner.  I already deeply value and treasure this time with them each month.

Wow!!!  My cup runneth over this week!

Officially Recognized Stretchpert in the General forum
  • 02-18-2011 8:06 PM In reply to

I am so blessed by everyone who shares in th weekend praise reports. G'd is so good to us, Praise His Name!  Babs

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us