Here are the challenges I have to deal with:
I have to prepare meals that are low carb, low fat, low sodium, low acid, iron and calcium enriched. While our health issues are not extreme, the foods I have to buy to keep us healthy are not the cheapest.
- My husband has blood sugar issues and reflux.
- I am anemic and my doctor has told me I need more calcium. I also can't handle much salt.
- My 16 year old has blood sugar issues and is anemic.
- My 12 year old is underweight and has reflux.
- My 3 year old has reflux, sensitive to soy, dairy and other foods. The dairy products aggravate her asthma while fluid whole milk is something she has trouble digesting.