Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

The Dollar Stretcher Community has a new home!

Feel free to read the great frugal living tips, ideas and discussions readers and community members have posted here. But if you'd like to post something or start a discussion, please click here to go over to our new community site and create an account.

Please contact Brandy@stretcher.com for questions about these forums.

Thanksgiving Hymns

Last post Sun, Oct 24 2010 10:59 AM by Deborahmichelle. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, Oct 23 2010 8:28 AM

• babs
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on Mon, Apr 2 2007
    • Vermont
    • Posts 10,988

Thanksgiving Hymns

Share your favorite Thanksgiving Hymn. I realize that Canada has already celebrated but jump in with your favorites too, Babs

Officially recognized Stretchpert in Prayer Circle
  • Sat, Oct 23 2010 8:30 AM In reply to

• babs
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Female
    • Vermont
    • Posts 10,988

Re: Thanksgiving Hymns

When I think of Thanksgiving, the hymn, Come Ye Thankful People Come always is in my head. I remember learning it as a child. It meant even more to me after visiting Plymouth Rock and the Plymouth Plantation, seeing where and how those first Pilgrims lived. What a miracle that they survived. Babs

• Sat, Oct 23 2010 8:40 AM In reply to

At my church every year we sing Harvest Home on the Sunday before Thanksgiving. I love it cause the first Thanksgiving was a celebration of a highly bountiful harvest.

thrift is a sign of intelligence, any fool can spend money

A merry heart does good like a medicine; but a broken spirit drieth the bones. Proverbs 17 verse 22
  • Sat, Oct 23 2010 9:02 AM In reply to

• babs
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Female
    • Vermont
    • Posts 10,988

I love that line,  "all are safely gathered in , err the winter storm begin.

Living in the Northeast, you realize what that can mean. I am always so thankful to look around my house and see the pantry foods, wood stacked on the porch, warm coats, blankets. We are so blessed to have what we need.  Not always what we thing we need or want. G'd give us enough to be safe that is all that counts. Babs

• Sat, Oct 23 2010 3:19 PM In reply to

We gather together to ask the Lord's blessing--that's a line from one of my favorites.

Although it's not considered a Thanksgiving hymn, I enjoy singing "Count your blessings name them one by one" this time of year.

Stacie

http://holdinghandswithmyhoney.blogspot.com/
  • Sat, Oct 23 2010 4:09 PM In reply to

• gayla50
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on Mon, Sep 24 2007
    • Western North Carolina
    • Posts 8,491

We gather together

Thank you Jesus

Gayla

Officially Recognized Stretchpert in Frugal Food and Cooking and in Slow Cooker Foods

Purpose is what gives life a meaning
  • Sun, Oct 24 2010 10:59 AM In reply to

I agree, Dear ALl, with the choice of "We gather toge ther." My favorite line is "Be thankful to His name, He forgets not His own." WHen I was a child, & I had a difficult upbringing, those words were so comforting .... Yours in Him, Deborah & Heart
    Officially Recognized Stretchpert in Government & Charity Assistance

Proud guardian of Heart, a black female Miniature Poodle, a Psychiatric Service Dog

Enter His gates with thanksgiving, His courts with praise; give thanks to Him, bless His Name. (Psalm 100)

Yours in thrift, Deborah

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)

The Dollar Stretcher has a new community!

Feel free to read the great frugal living tips, ideas and discussions readers and community members have posted here. But if you'd like to post something or start a discussion, please click here to go over to our new community site and create an account.

About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us