Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

From a reader: resurfacing a teflon appliance

Last post 09-05-2010 11:27 PM by sissy. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-19-2010 2:19 PM

• Pat
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-06-2007
    • Colorado
    • Posts 14,459

From a reader: resurfacing a teflon appliance

She writes: 
    I have an Express Redi-Set-Go electrical kitchen cooker
    with an interior teflon coating. The coating is flaking
    and chipping off. I was told by manufacturer to take it
    to be recoated. Where do I go to get this done or is
    there a spray (where would I buy it?) that I could apply
    myself? Can this really be coated for safe cooking?
    Community Facilitator

Printable Coupons!

Smartsource and MySavings
  • 08-19-2010 2:34 PM In reply to

Re: From a reader: resurfacing a teflon appliance

I found instructions on Ehow.  I don't think I would trust it for my family.  

You teach people how to treat you -- Dr Phil
  • 08-19-2010 3:14 PM In reply to

2ndGenGranola:
    I found instructions on Ehow.  I don't think I would trust it for my family.  
    As nice as teflon is to cook with, once its starts flaking it becomes dangerous. Cooking utensils have certain codes that the manufacturer has to adhere to. That can't be said about the spray they are telling you to use. Invest in a new appliance.
    Officially Recognized Stretchpert in Stages of Life
  • 09-05-2010 9:31 PM In reply to

I seriously considered buying the "Redi Set  Go" cooker. It seemed like the answer to  a "cooking for two" delema. I decided to invesigate reviews on this cooker. I was amazed at all the negative complaints I read from buyers, mostly the non-stick coating coming off the baking pans. Others complained about the platic lid melting round the "set it and forget it" timer, on top of the unit, rendering it useless. After reading so many negative reviews I decided not to buy the unit, but to keep my money in my pocket. I don't want to pay money for a bad experience and aggravation.

How do these shady companies get away with selling such inferior products? They aren't cheap!

jonesyj

• 09-05-2010 10:00 PM In reply to

I didn't buy that same appliance either because I'd read the reviews.

I don't have a microwave oven because I wouldn't use it enough to justify the cost. Besides, I have a top of the line stove and lots of baking pans plus 2 different double boilers. I also own 3 sizes of slow cookers and a steamer/wok plus a steamer/rice cooker and 2 GFs. Mom got me so many things prior to her stroke !

• 09-05-2010 11:27 PM In reply to

teflon uuuhhh no I wouldn't do it if its a fridge you can get it refinish but it all has to get it sanded down a primer of sorts that does that type of job and a different type of coating well like I said no I think I get someone else to do it I won't trust it.

chrissanne
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us