Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

The Dollar Stretcher Community has a new home!

Feel free to read the great frugal living tips, ideas and discussions readers and community members have posted here. But if you'd like to post something or start a discussion, please click here to go over to our new community site and create an account.

Please contact Brandy@stretcher.com for questions about these forums.

Affordable Restaurant Meals Occasionally

Last post Thu, Jun 3 2010 7:05 PM by Deborahmichelle. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Apr 11 2010 5:59 PM

Affordable Restaurant Meals Occasionally

If you live near an Uno, join the Insiders Club. They change the menu every so many months and you'll get a BOGO Insider's Club coupon. You will get a goodie bag if you eat during certain days and hours plus samples of the new menu besides the coupon that you can download.

It's a nice way to go out to eat for two people and not spend a young fortune.

The new menu features Cajun type food.

• Wed, Apr 28 2010 12:50 PM In reply to

• lyle
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on Tue, Apr 20 2010
    • Bronx, Ny
    • Posts 4

Re: Affordable Restaurant Meals Occasionally

Hi Virginia

Have you ever heard of  http://www.restaurant.com   You can sign-up for free and they will

send you emails whenever they have discount on certificates on restaurants in your local  area. you can buy  $25 certificates for as low as $2.

My wife and I went to a Sea Food Restaurant in New York and the bill was $44. I ended up paying $19 by using a $25 certificate that I paid $2 for.

I hope you enjoy it and past it on.

• Wed, May 19 2010 11:35 PM In reply to

i have used some of their certificates.  really a good deal!  also check out groupon.com and buywithme.com.  these may be primarily in larger metropolitan areas.  these buy a voucher deals seem to be multiplying rapidly, at least in the boston area.

• Tue, Jun 1 2010 5:38 PM In reply to

Dear All, What I do when I can't otehrwise relieve teh craving for restaurant food is to order take-out judiciosly. I have found that 2 Chinese entrees, suchh as fried rice & chicken with snow peas & water chestnuts can be stretched out for 5 meals altogether (5 servings for me & a doggie who likes to share). That costs me $22 including a 20% (? -- teh bill is $18.85) tip. If you have the wherewithal to pick up the food at the restaurant, you can save the tip even! Of course, you can only get these kinds of prices from places that only acccept cash. But this is exensive San Francisco, & you might be able to beat these prices where you live! Yours in Him, Deborah & Heart
    Officially Recognized Stretchpert in Government & Charity Assistance

Proud guardian of Heart, a black female Miniature Poodle, a Psychiatric Service Dog

Enter His gates with thanksgiving, His courts with praise; give thanks to Him, bless His Name. (Psalm 100)

Yours in thrift, Deborah

• Wed, Jun 2 2010 12:34 AM In reply to

I clip restaurant coupons out of the newspaper. I also signed up on different restaurant websites.

The Entertainment Book is great also.

• Thu, Jun 3 2010 2:16 PM In reply to

Deb-If you shred lettuce and mix it with the fried rice, it doesn't alter the taste substantially, but it really cuts the calories and stretches the rice! 

• Thu, Jun 3 2010 7:05 PM In reply to

A terrific tip, dear Little Pitcher! Unfortunately, I never buy lettuce because it goes bad long before I can use it up AND I can't use a grater due to my tremor. That's nto to dimiinish teh value of your idea! Thanks frr thinking of me so hard! Love in Him, Deborah & Heart
    Officially Recognized Stretchpert in Government & Charity Assistance

Proud guardian of Heart, a black female Miniature Poodle, a Psychiatric Service Dog

Enter His gates with thanksgiving, His courts with praise; give thanks to Him, bless His Name. (Psalm 100)

Yours in thrift, Deborah

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)

The Dollar Stretcher has a new community!

Feel free to read the great frugal living tips, ideas and discussions readers and community members have posted here. But if you'd like to post something or start a discussion, please click here to go over to our new community site and create an account.

About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us