Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

The Dollar Stretcher Community has a new home!

Feel free to read the great frugal living tips, ideas and discussions readers and community members have posted here. But if you'd like to post something or start a discussion, please click here to go over to our new community site and create an account.

Please contact Brandy@stretcher.com for questions about these forums.

Reader's question: Wine stains on carpet

Last post Mon, Mar 22 2010 1:41 PM by Vicky. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Mar 18 2010 10:58 AM

• Pat
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Mar 6 2007
    • Colorado
    • Posts 14,463

Reader's question: Wine stains on carpet

Her question:

I had a puppy who knocked a glass of red juice on the carpet. It is a tan carpet and it has stained it. There are other stains, too. What can I use to get the stain out?

Any ideas?

Community Facilitator

Printable Coupons!

Smartsource and MySavings
  • Thu, Mar 18 2010 12:15 PM In reply to

Re: Reader's question: Wine stains on carpet

I'd start with Oxyclean.

You teach people how to treat you -- Dr Phil
  • Fri, Mar 19 2010 8:49 PM In reply to

Spot Shot.  Just used it today on some pet stains that would not come out after shampooing.  It removed them totally.

It comes in a blue, orange and silver can.  I got it at Sam's but most stores sell it. 

Susan in MI 

• Fri, Mar 19 2010 9:19 PM In reply to

I use hydrogen peroxide and have never had a problem with its taking the carpet color out too. AM
  • Sun, Mar 21 2010 11:12 AM In reply to

Start with peroxide, and if that doesn't work, try a colorless and scentless potion called Greased Lightning, from DG.  

• Mon, Mar 22 2010 1:41 PM In reply to

• Vicky
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Mar 22 2010
    • Posts 1

The Queen of Clean recommends club soda and to keep blotting it, can't over wet it.. and also Spot Shot Carpet Stain Remover. I have used peroxide, and it cleaned but now the carpet is lighter in those spots. good luck! Keep the puppy.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)

The Dollar Stretcher has a new community!

Feel free to read the great frugal living tips, ideas and discussions readers and community members have posted here. But if you'd like to post something or start a discussion, please click here to go over to our new community site and create an account.

About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us