Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

The Dollar Stretcher Community has a new home!

Feel free to read the great frugal living tips, ideas and discussions readers and community members have posted here. But if you'd like to post something or start a discussion, please click here to go over to our new community site and create an account.

Please contact Brandy@stretcher.com for questions about these forums.

Compact Flourescent Light Bulbs

Last post Wed, Sep 19 2007 12:13 PM by momof3. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Sep 18 2007 4:20 PM

Compact Flourescent Light Bulbs

I just bought my first pack over the weekend and WOW! I love the light in my kitchen now. I can actually see!

DH wants some in our bedroom, and to replace all other standard bulbs that we can.

Has anyone realized electricity savings from these yet? 

SAHWife and mom of 2 (oh, and my dad lives here too!)
  • Wed, Sep 19 2007 12:01 PM In reply to

• Juardo
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Jul 18 2007
    • Posts 210

Re: Compact Flourescent Light Bulbs

Several years ago we received from our power company coupons that allowed us to purchase the fluorescent lights very cheaply. We used them exclusively for a couple of years and did see a savings in the energy department. Then for some unknown reason they got swapped out for regular, and we noticed a difference in our bill. I am not sure when, how or why they got switched out, but we have since switched them back. I know that they do help and I cannot wait to see the savings again.

As a side note one of the benefits of children growing up and leaving home for college is that the mysterious individual named "not me" seems to go with them. I suspect that character "not me" was the culprit in this case! :)

• Wed, Sep 19 2007 12:13 PM In reply to

Re: Compact Flourescent Light Bulbs

We did notice a change when we first switched to flourescent bulbs, and they last longer too.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

The Dollar Stretcher has a new community!

Feel free to read the great frugal living tips, ideas and discussions readers and community members have posted here. But if you'd like to post something or start a discussion, please click here to go over to our new community site and create an account.

About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us