Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

The Dollar Stretcher Community has a new home!

Feel free to read the great frugal living tips, ideas and discussions readers and community members have posted here. But if you'd like to post something or start a discussion, please click here to go over to our new community site and create an account.

Please contact Brandy@stretcher.com for questions about these forums.

Insulating a Crawl Space

Last post Wed, Feb 10 2010 2:36 PM by Toni B.. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Feb 10 2010 10:59 AM

• Pat
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Mar 6 2007
    • Colorado
    • Posts 14,463

Insulating a Crawl Space

Question from a reader:

Question: I've been trying to do some remodling of a older house I hope you can help. I have some crawl spaces underneath house in order to get underneath for any kind of work that has to be done. Is there anything that can be used to put on bottom of floors to help keep the inside floors warmer. I've heard about spray on insulation or regular insulation but not sure about these.

Any ideas?

Community Facilitator

Printable Coupons!

Smartsource and MySavings
  • Wed, Feb 10 2010 2:36 PM In reply to

• Toni B.
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Sat, Apr 5 2008
    • Seneca Falls NY
    • Posts 3,826

Re: Insulating a Crawl Space

There is insulation that comes in the form of thick styrofoam sheets. Given the tight space that you are working in and the "mess factor" this would probably be a good way to go. To get a smooth even cut, you could use an electric knife to cut it to the size you need. We've used it in a root cellar located under our kitchen floor.
    Officially Recognized Stretchpert in Stages of Life
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

The Dollar Stretcher has a new community!

Feel free to read the great frugal living tips, ideas and discussions readers and community members have posted here. But if you'd like to post something or start a discussion, please click here to go over to our new community site and create an account.

About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us