Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

The Dollar Stretcher Community has a new home!

Feel free to read the great frugal living tips, ideas and discussions readers and community members have posted here. But if you'd like to post something or start a discussion, please click here to go over to our new community site and create an account.

Please contact Brandy@stretcher.com for questions about these forums.

Trip to Disneyland

Last post Wed, Feb 10 2010 11:31 PM by dmc_2008. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Feb 9 2010 2:49 PM

Trip to Disneyland

DMC, I don't know if you live close to Disneyland or not but in my area they are offering free tickets to disneyland in exchange for voulenteering one day of time I don't think you have to do a full day not sure about that. I know you are on a tight budget so thought you may be interested.Here in my area you can get up to 8 tickets for free the offer is only good until July 2010 and the tickets have to be used I think by December 2010 anyone can volunteer from 6 years of age with an adult with them so since your dd is 10 thought it might be a good project for you 2 to do together and earn tickets for a small vacation on the website here there is a list of things you can pick which one you would be interested in volunteering for.I wish I were going to Disneyland as I have never been but it is also a good distance from my house. Maybe if Whitney sees this since she is planning a trip to Disneyland hopefully if the offer is avilable in her area she can take advantage of the offer.Can't beat free.ParadiseBig Smile

• Wed, Feb 10 2010 1:48 AM In reply to

Re: Trip to Disneyland

What a neat idea and how thoughtful of you to post it. My experience in volunteering is that one can often get the full experience, just from a different perspective, when volunteering. An example would be serving as ushers for the local community theatre; no need to purchase tickets to see the shows. AM
  • Wed, Feb 10 2010 8:19 AM In reply to

This is a great idea, and it applies to any of the Disney parks, I believe, so would include Disney World in Florida as well as Disneyland.

• Wed, Feb 10 2010 9:37 PM In reply to

We're volunteering and Hubby, oldest son and myself are earning a free ticket.  We'll have to pay for our daughter but plan on going before our youngest son turns 3, that way he's still free.  We're REALLY excited, we went the year before last (thanks to my in-laws), this is only the second time we've been and it'll be the first time we've gone by ourselves as a family.  They are also running a special for Disneyland where if you go by April 30th, you can get a three day parkhopper pass for only $149, that is a HUGE savings.

Heather in CA
    http://storingupmytreasures.blogspot.com/
  • Wed, Feb 10 2010 11:31 PM In reply to

Linda Yes we live very close, maybe hour or hour .5.  I remember seeing that offer!!!  Thanks

Henry Ward Beecher wrote, "It is not what we take up, but what we give up, that makes us rich."

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

The Dollar Stretcher has a new community!

Feel free to read the great frugal living tips, ideas and discussions readers and community members have posted here. But if you'd like to post something or start a discussion, please click here to go over to our new community site and create an account.

About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us