Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

The Dollar Stretcher Community has a new home!

Feel free to read the great frugal living tips, ideas and discussions readers and community members have posted here. But if you'd like to post something or start a discussion, please click here to go over to our new community site and create an account.

Please contact Brandy@stretcher.com for questions about these forums.

Winter Decluttering Feb 2010..show your home some love...

Last post Wed, Mar 24 2010 12:17 AM by zohnerfarms. 61 replies.
Page 1 of 7 (62 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Jan 31 2010 4:36 PM

• MarthaMFI
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on Wed, Apr 16 2008
    • New Westminster, BC, Canada
    • Posts 10,850

Winter Decluttering Feb 2010..show your home some love...

To continue the decluttering mode for Feb 2010!  Since it is the month of love...show you and your home some love by decluttering!

my ds switches to morning kindergarten Feb 8th so I will have 3hrs in the morning to get things done! or at least one morning a week lol. 

Officially recognized Stretchpert in Hobbies and Crafts
  • Sun, Jan 31 2010 6:43 PM In reply to

• udwe
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on Mon, Jul 9 2007
    • Montana
    • Posts 169

Re: Winter Decluttering Feb 2010..show your home some love...

Sure will, got started on the pantry today & want to keep going. Shredded a bunch of old receipts (keeping dgd busy). DH wants to keep working on the tool bench & move over to automotive & camping. I'm sure it will get done - eventually.

• Sun, Jan 31 2010 7:37 PM In reply to

• MarthaMFI
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on Wed, Apr 16 2008
    • New Westminster, BC, Canada
    • Posts 10,850

well our friend decluttered his place and bought over a stack of woodworking mags and some tools for dh. so dh is happy.  mentioned he has to declutter his office to fit the mags in!

Officially recognized Stretchpert in Hobbies and Crafts
  • Sun, Jan 31 2010 8:00 PM In reply to

I'm determined to clean out the file cabinet this month. Not just the twelve folders for each month of the year, which should have been done already but haven't been touched yet, but all the other folders that are full of paperwork, most of which can probably be shredded. Then I can clear off the top of the cabinet and the microwave, both of which are overflowing with stuff that should be in the cabinet.Stick out tongue

"The business of life is the acquisition of memories." --Mr. Carson
  • Mon, Feb 1 2010 6:22 AM In reply to

Loveday:
    I'm determined to clean out the file cabinet this month.

Good idea, mine could use a purging as well. I also need to organize my pantry, and flatten out some empty boxes that have been sitting on top of my freezer for a few weeks.

Stacie

http://holdinghandswithmyhoney.blogspot.com/
  • Mon, Feb 1 2010 7:01 AM In reply to

• swedluv
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on Sun, Jun 8 2008
    • North Carolina
    • Posts 1,713

I think today I will do the bathroom vanities (we have 2) and at least get them to the point something doesn't fall if you move something else. I can't wait until we have out new vanity in the master, as it will have a couple drawers to hold stuff and I won't have to dig in the abyss of toiletries for a razor!

Lynn

• Mon, Feb 1 2010 9:56 AM In reply to

Depending on the gender of baby, this month will determine whether or not I need 6 tubs of boys' clothing in the basement. Of course, DH reminded me that if we do have a girl, my sister in law and good friend (who are done with babies) will probably send over 6 tubs of girl clothes, LOL.

I do have a plan for the basement rec room over my maternity leave. We have built in cupboards that are just full of junk. When we moved, we just put stuff in them and didn't really sort and toss. We really need to make a "boys" play area and I need space to house toys, puzzles, games, etc. So my goal is to tackle that area 30 minutes each week. I hope to have enough for a early May garage sale (while I'm still on maternity leave). If we have a girl, my boys clothes will be a huge part of the garage sale. If we have another boy, I will sell all the things baby has outgrown, so all newborn clothes and cloth diapers.

This may turn in to March's project with baby due Feb 20th but I'm trying to remain optimistic!

Erika
  • Mon, Feb 1 2010 10:45 AM In reply to

I've doing decluttering room by room since the beginning of january....it sure feels good. However my motivation was money LOL the organization is just a bonus! I've taken 2 boxes or bags a week to the consignment store to sell, or sold things online. It's been my grocery and gas money this month while dh has been laid off.

It PAYS to be organized!Smile

Michelle in Northern Michigan

"Those who would surrender liberty for security deserve neither" - Ben Franklin

• Mon, Feb 1 2010 9:46 PM In reply to

• jcrmom
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on Tue, Jun 24 2008
    • Posts 904

I have been working on my bathroom. I have a bunch of OTC medicines that need to be trashed due to going out of date. and a lot of shmppo, feminine products that i got for free or nearly free.  i just need to get them organized in my bathroom. I also have some new towels now. i need to go thru myine and get the old ones out to cut and use for cleaning rags

• Mon, Feb 1 2010 11:47 PM In reply to

yeah cleaned out my fat wardrobe just keeping the weight down no more extra clothes and got rid of a lot of books I bought from the thrift store all out of my closet  I must be turning into a horder then maybe once eveythree years clean out the closet for something to do actually it was a death threat from dad he said he take a rake to it I just don't want him to know I got a chocolet stash going tomorrow will be cleaning the desk...

Page 1 of 7 (62 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »

The Dollar Stretcher has a new community!

Feel free to read the great frugal living tips, ideas and discussions readers and community members have posted here. But if you'd like to post something or start a discussion, please click here to go over to our new community site and create an account.

About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us