Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

The Dollar Stretcher Community has a new home!

Feel free to read the great frugal living tips, ideas and discussions readers and community members have posted here. But if you'd like to post something or start a discussion, please click here to go over to our new community site and create an account.

Please contact Brandy@stretcher.com for questions about these forums.

Thrift Stores!!!!!!!!!

Last post Fri, Jun 13 2014 5:29 PM by LCache. 432 replies.
Page 44 of 44 (433 items) « First ... < Previous 40 41 42 43 44
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, May 23 2014 11:41 PM In reply to

Re: Thrift Stores!!!!!!!!!

returned some things realized that I had brand new size 3 runners for ds that a friend gave me last year. her son grew fast in a couple of weeks so out of the shoes and some clothes before he had a chance to wear them. was at grandparents for a couple of years.    shoes from store didn't fit anyways  so got a couple of shirts, some kitchen items and dd dress for the returned items.

stopped at value village yesterday because I needed a new platter for work since mine was stolen got one, plus some metal trays with  3 areas like tv dinners plus a dress for dd fancier summer one and a older girl guide golf shirt pink with a bc guide logo. still have to see if the dress fits dd. kids sizes lately...   had a 30% off card too.

• Sun, Jun 8 2014 1:51 AM In reply to

a girlfriend and I stopped at a Goodwill store last week; i didn't really need anything, but never hurts to look! i checked the couple of racks of plus sized clothesdidn't find anything good. so i checked out the mens clothes, looking for a few t-shirts i can wear while working out or working in my flower beds. Again I came up empty! so I walked up and down the housewares aisles, again.. not a thing!! I did a quick once over of a couple of desks and office chairs, but the prices were outrageous!!so, for the first time ever, I walked out of a thrift store without spending a penny!!! What an amazing feeling and accomplishment!!! my girlfriend however cannot walk out of a Goodwill store without spending a few bucks...I simply didn't see anything thst day that i couldn't live without. now if I could find a decent handmixer, or even a waffle iron, I'd snatch them up. I left tmy kitchenaid hand mixer with my ex. so my daughter could use it if she wanted to.however, i made sure i got both my kitchenaid stand mixer and my food processor. i'm also going to start looking for plates and bowls. The reason I've been looking for a desk and chair, is because, Tony bought me an HP chromebook for mother's day. He's been encouraging me to write a book about my stroke, and my recovery so far. and I dunno, I think I may be just crazy enough to give it a go!!:)
    ~*~Angie~*~

• Fri, Jun 13 2014 5:29 PM In reply to

• LCache
    • Not Ranked
      Female
    • Joined on Wed, Mar 21 2012
    • Posts 12

I went to the thrift store this past Tuesday and bought nothing!

Going back a couple weeks though, I spotted an old fashioned mop wringer being sold with a galvanized metal bucket, the kind we had when I was a kid (wooden rollers turned by a crank). 

The story is that we wanted one for our own house but couldn't find one like it.  The new fancy ones available in the big box home improvement stores cost an arm and a leg.  Unfortunately, we ended up buying one of those, and we were disappointed in its ability to adequately wring out the heavy string mop.  So yes, we did buy the old fashioned one at the thrift store, like the photo, for $12.  I know it works, so it's worth it.  

Page 44 of 44 (433 items) « First ... < Previous 40 41 42 43 44

The Dollar Stretcher has a new community!

Feel free to read the great frugal living tips, ideas and discussions readers and community members have posted here. But if you'd like to post something or start a discussion, please click here to go over to our new community site and create an account.

About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us