Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Thrift Stores!!!!!!!!!

Last post Fri, Jun 13 2014 5:29 PM by LCache. 432 replies.
Page 7 of 44 (433 items) « First ... < Previous 5 6 7 8 9 Next > ... Last »
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, May 29 2012 7:59 PM In reply to

Re: Thrift Stores!!!!!!!!!

tripple weakness of mine that I had to stay away last time I went got a bag of brand new yarn for a blanket Im making in the future so it was 5.00 dollars not bad for the bigs one.

• Tue, May 29 2012 8:38 PM In reply to

How I wish you guys could post pictures of your finds. It would be so much fun to see!

I got this Reader's Digest Needlework book a couple weeks ago at the Goodwill. It was $2/2.50 (can't remember, but not more than that). It's in perfect condition. Just a little dent on the upper right hand spine. Yup...I like thrift shops just fine! Smile

budgetwise

"I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well." Ps. 139:14
  • Tue, May 29 2012 9:39 PM In reply to

budgetwise:

How I wish you guys could post pictures of your finds. It would be so much fun to see!

I got this Reader's Digest Needlework book a couple weeks ago at the Goodwill. It was $2/2.50 (can't remember, but not more than that). It's in perfect condition. Just a little dent on the upper right hand spine. Yup...I like thrift shops just fine! Smile

Wait a minute wait a minute guess what BTW Im now a fan of yours if you can put up with us nutty sisters well anyway cindy has a book just like this one in her room at her house and its great to work with and fun projects totally awsome you two think alike here...lolSmile

chrissanne
  • Tue, May 29 2012 9:41 PM In reply to

P.s wish I knew how to put pictures here on the forum both cindy and I don't know how.:(

chrissanne
  • Tue, May 29 2012 9:58 PM In reply to

sissy:

P.s wish I knew how to put pictures here on the forum both cindy and I don't know how.:(

What if we do it one step at a time?

1. Do you have a digital camera?

2. Do you have a computer at home (or somewhere easy for you to get to)?

I download my pictures onto my computer and from there put them on Flick-r. But we'll talk about that later, if you want and can do steps one and two.

hugs...bw

budgetwise

"I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well." Ps. 139:14
  • Sat, Jun 2 2012 12:46 PM In reply to

Congratulations on all your good finds! I love thrift stores too. Recently I got a Norelco lighted mirror with three mirrors. I needed it to dye my hair. It was a bit expensive at $7.50, but it was much less than anything of that quality new. I actually went to the thrift store looking for one of those mirrors.  I guess I got lucky.

Just the other day I bought some good cookbooks for $2.00 each.

I bought some DVDs, including Season 1 of "Mad Men" and a sealed Season 1 of "Scrubs" for $2.50 each. I like to getting TV shows on DVD to watch when I'm on my treadmill.

I also got a few really nice tops that were 4 for $6 on special.

There are a lot of thrift stores in my area. I stop in when I'm in the neighborhood. I never know what I'm going to find. I think of it as a treasure hunt.

• Sat, Jun 2 2012 11:05 PM In reply to

Bought 2 white dress "church shirts" for our youngest grandson today for $1 each.  

• Wed, Jun 6 2012 11:32 PM In reply to

Oh show off zohnerfarms ..lol good price. Found a bol for mom a cassarol dish with a lid to it so she can use it to cook in or put it in the microwave the old dish slipped right smack out of her hands when she tried to put it in the microwave her hands are weakened with age and she has the bad arthrites that cripples her nuckles up and it hurts her so I bought her a cassarole dish and lid for 6 dollars.

chrissanne
  • Fri, Jun 8 2012 8:38 AM In reply to

I haven't done any thrifting recently.  Spare money has been virtually non-existent in our budget recently, so we've tried to eliminate ALL unnecessary spending even if it's "only $2 at the thrift store!"  Those little amounts can quickly a dd up! 

I miss my thrifting adventures!  I'm looking forward to getting back out there! LOL!

Philippians 4:19

And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus
  • Sun, Jun 10 2012 12:05 AM In reply to

sissy:
     Oh show off zohnerfarms ..lol good price.

Ok sissy - this week tops last!

Last weekend I found a pair of white jeans & a pair of blue jeans that both looked brand new, along with a cute top & a pair of jeans shorts, for 50 cents each.  I took a chance they would fit our oldest granddaughter & they ALL fit- and she likes them all!  Yesterday she & I went to a garage sale a couple doors down & found another top, a pair of tan pants, and 3 pair of "snooty name brand" jeans, for $1 each, & they all fit perfectly.  This granddaughter is going into Jr High this fall, & a couple of "snooty name brand" jeans is always nice to have to shut up the kids that like to tease other kids.  Total cost: $6, & she likes them all!

We were definitely blessed!

Page 7 of 44 (433 items) « First ... < Previous 5 6 7 8 9 Next > ... Last »
About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us