Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Coupons in Sunday's newspapers

Last post 11-29-2009 10:26 PM by Virginia Needlewoman. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-29-2009 3:14 PM

Coupons in Sunday's newspapers

Today I purchased a Sunday newspapers and all I wanted it for was the coupons well guess what the only coupons in my paper were the P&G coupons.  I know most of the weekends of holidays the coupon inserts aren't in the paper but this is about 3 times in the last 2 months I have been without my coupons I hate to judge but I am beginning to wonder if someone locally is going to the racks and putting their money in and taking all of the coupon inserts out of the other papers have any of you been missing the coupon inserts from your Sunday papers?

• 11-29-2009 3:23 PM In reply to

• lmnichols
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on 12-03-2008
    • Southern Indiana
    • Posts 92

Re: Coupons in Sunday's newspapers

I have noticed that there are fewer coupon inserts in my Sunday paper.  I get frustrated when I can't get enough in coupons to cover the cost of the paper.  I am weird that I like to go to the middle of the stack to get my paper.  I don't ever take the top one.  Also, I will not buy one at Wally world - often those inserts are taken out.  I have asked why and the manager says it is because people will steal them and they can't do anything about it.

lynn
  • 11-29-2009 3:40 PM In reply to

Dear All, My local free Sunday paper, which always used to carry Smart Start, Red Plum AND P&G inserts, has been without circulars 2 weeks in a row.  I attributed last week to the holliday, don't have an explanation for this week.  Yours iiin Hiim, Deb

Officially Recognized Stretchpert in Government & Charity Assistance

Proud guardian of Heart, a black female Miniature Poodle, a Psychiatric Service Dog

Enter His gates with thanksgiving, His courts with praise; give thanks to Him, bless His Name. (Psalm 100)

Yours in thrift, Deborah

• 11-29-2009 7:51 PM In reply to

I only saw the P&G insert this week as well.  I usually know ahead of time what inserts will come out based on the blogs http://www.stretchingabuckblog.com or http://www.commonsensewithmoney.com/ (I think those are the two because I read several Smile ).  I am seriously considering subscribing to our paper - at least for the weekend editions because often times when purchased from the store (even from the middle of the pile), the Sunday edition is missing the coupons, or Parade or both!

By the way, sites like those I mentioned are great because they do some matching of coupons to weekly sales for you!

• 11-29-2009 8:37 PM In reply to

• RBV
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on 10-15-2009
    • SW Michigan
    • Posts 109

I was in Michigan and Ohio on Sunday and both sets of papers also only had the P&G coupons, much to my dismay. We hardly use any of those coupons anyway so I was quite annoyed. Hoping next week's paper makes up for this. Our Sunday paper is up to $2.25 with hardly any newspaper left after the ads are removed.

• 11-29-2009 9:57 PM In reply to

• gayla50
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on 09-24-2007
    • Western North Carolina
    • Posts 8,491

I got 3 papers today ... all that was in was P& G insert  I thinking it might be the holiday ...

December usually is a strange time  I been getting lots of coupons on line and in the magazines even those are getting less and less ..

I get two different Sunday magazine both had one coupon in them .

Gayla

Officially Recognized Stretchpert in Frugal Food and Cooking and in Slow Cooker Foods

Purpose is what gives life a meaning
  • 11-29-2009 10:26 PM In reply to

Every fall I used to get lots of neat coupons in Woman's Day and in Family Circle. This year there were maybe 2 coupons each in the two magazines.

I've started cutting out coupons for Target to include in the Coupon Trains Gayla sends out.

Sometimes I get coupons from Food Lion or Harris Teeter when I check out. They get printed at the cash register.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us