Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Another question about laundry detergent

Last post 08-31-2009 3:17 PM by juju_mommy. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-26-2009 5:17 PM

• Pat
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-06-2007
    • Colorado
    • Posts 14,459

Another question about laundry detergent

From a reader:

I've seen the recipe for the homemade laundry soap, how does this soap work in the new front loading washing machines that call for the "High Efficiency (HE)" detergent?

I know some of you have had experience with this. Would you please share? Thanks!

Community Facilitator

Printable Coupons!

Smartsource and MySavings
  • 08-26-2009 6:09 PM In reply to

Re: Another question about laundry detergent

I have an Energy Star HE GE front load washer and use the homemade all the time it works great but only requires a little dertergent (a couple TBSPs). 

thrift is a sign of intelligence, any fool can spend money

A merry heart does good like a medicine; but a broken spirit drieth the bones. Proverbs 17 verse 22
  • 08-30-2009 5:56 PM In reply to

• fermat
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 08-30-2009
    • Posts 1

Usually you would use about half of the detergent for front loading or HE washers.  For example, if you detergent says 1/2 cup for regular washers, then use 1/4 for front loaders.  Most people don't realize, it's not the detergent that cleans the clothes, it's the agitation.  You can get by with very little detergent and still have clean clothes.

• 08-31-2009 2:15 PM In reply to

Most any laundry detergent recipe would be fine, because they don't contain the sudsing agents that are usually in commercial laundry detergent.

• 08-31-2009 3:17 PM In reply to

The detergent "recipe" found here http://www.duggarfamily.com/recipes.html can be used for a front loading washing machine. Given the size of this family and the wear and tear that must be put on their washers, I'm sure it must work!

Have a blessed day,

Julie

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us