Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

The Dollar Stretcher Community has a new home!

Feel free to read the great frugal living tips, ideas and discussions readers and community members have posted here. But if you'd like to post something or start a discussion, please click here to go over to our new community site and create an account.

Please contact Brandy@stretcher.com for questions about these forums.

Weight loss

Last post Sun, Aug 9 2009 11:34 AM by allie. 11 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (12 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Jul 27 2009 8:34 PM

Weight loss

Back in February cinnamonhuskies started a weight loss thread has anyone that joined met their goal yet if so congrats.

• Tue, Jul 28 2009 9:34 AM In reply to

Re: Weight loss

The thread stalled when Allie and I took some time off LOL!

I'm not at my goal yet; SSRIs have slowed that.

Starting 204

Goal 150

Current 180 as of July 17th

Michelle in Northern Michigan

"Those who would surrender liberty for security deserve neither" - Ben Franklin

• Tue, Jul 28 2009 10:00 AM In reply to

I would like to join-

Can I blame stress for 10 lbs?  With my health plan, I have a health coach who calls once a month, I had been working on stress.  Now for this month, she calls the third week of August, I said I'd lose 5 lbs.

Starting 147.

Goal by Dec 130.

Need to be 142 by August 20th.  

Tracy
    Beginning Debt Slayer

• Tue, Jul 28 2009 10:28 AM In reply to

welcome Tracy! Yes stress puts weight on me....I eat things then forget how much I actually ate....mindless eating!

Michelle in Northern Michigan

"Those who would surrender liberty for security deserve neither" - Ben Franklin

• Tue, Jul 28 2009 11:09 AM In reply to

• Momof2
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on Tue, Mar 4 2008
    • Florida
    • Posts 990

I would like to join too. 

Tracy, stress and going back to school! When I first started my classes, I think I gained 15 pounds. Even though I was a stay at home mom, I did not sit around like I have to do in classes, while doing homework, and studying. I have since lost them, but would like to loose another 8 pounds to get to my goal.

Starting: 128

Goal: 120

Shannon
  • Wed, Jul 29 2009 12:19 PM In reply to

• Alison
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on Sat, Mar 31 2007
    • Pittsburgh, PA
    • Posts 131

In the two years I went to nursing school, I gained around 15 lbs. I graduated in December and started taking more classes right away, but I was still able to slowly lose some weight.  I have 7 weeks off right now until classes start again.  I graduated weighing 160 and I'm down to 145 right now.  I suspect the weight may level off or even creep up a few pounds until I'm totally finished with school, but I'm proud of my progress so far. 

• Wed, Jul 29 2009 4:04 PM In reply to

• Momof2
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on Tue, Mar 4 2008
    • Florida
    • Posts 990

I am glad that you have been able to lose some weight, even with taking classes. I am still taking classes, but I know that I have to find the time to fit in exercise, or I will gain weight. I did not change my eating habits, but I did become a little slack with exercising when I first started classes. When my son first started with his college classes, he lost 15 pounds from all the extra walking - he was not overweight to begin with, but the added walking caused him to lose weight.

Shannon
  • Wed, Jul 29 2009 10:24 PM In reply to

Michelle et all,

My downfall in class is eating while doing homework- tamari almonds, peanut butter M and M's, even those little rice crackers.  When I'm out of good tasting snack food, it's chocolate chips, then peanuts, then whatever! 

And yes, stress eating has me gaining. A little midnight snack when I can't sleep, with a novel. Like a little plate of nachos with melted sharp cheddar and my homemade salsa. 

I am trying to stay more active while I'm on break, I am sleepig better, that is for sure.  Maybe my nutrition class next semester will break my peanut butter M and M habit. I doubt it-

Tracy
    Beginning Debt Slayer

• Thu, Jul 30 2009 11:44 AM In reply to

Dear All, I have been gaining weight, to my horror!  My normal weight is 145, but I have gone up to 153.  I had been able to get down to 140 at my lowest this year.  I am 5'5" with a large frame.  Please wwrite yoru height & frame when you write your weight; it makes such  a difference!  One reason I am REALLY looking forward to having Heart is that I'll have to walk more; I do walk every day, but 25 minutes most days & more some days is just not enough.  I eat & eat & eat, & have not been able to reduce th ta.  Help!  Yours in Hiiim, Deb

Officially Recognized Stretchpert in Government & Charity Assistance

Proud guardian of Heart, a black female Miniature Poodle, a Psychiatric Service Dog

Enter His gates with thanksgiving, His courts with praise; give thanks to Him, bless His Name. (Psalm 100)

Yours in thrift, Deborah

• Thu, Jul 30 2009 11:50 AM In reply to

I didn't join the weight loss thread last time around, but I'd like to this time. I did Weight Watchers last fall and winter, and lost about fifteen pounds, and then I regained ten of it. And now I just keep gaining and losing the same two or three pounds over and over. Very discouraging.

Here's my stats:

Height: 5'3

Body Frame: small

Weight: 174

I would like to get down to about 140, although I know I should probably be closer to 125. But I think 140 is a reasonable interim goal. I know my doctor would be happy if I made it to that--I've got high blood pressure and cholesterol (well, technically they're fine now, thanks to meds, but if it wasn't for the meds I'd be in trouble!), and was recently diagnosed as pre-diabetic. So it's vital I get some of this weight off. Sad

"The business of life is the acquisition of memories." --Mr. Carson
Page 1 of 2 (12 items) 1 2 Next >

The Dollar Stretcher has a new community!

Feel free to read the great frugal living tips, ideas and discussions readers and community members have posted here. But if you'd like to post something or start a discussion, please click here to go over to our new community site and create an account.

About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us