Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Summer Decor on a Budget

Last post Thu, Jun 10 2010 1:19 PM by Becky. 28 replies.
Page 1 of 3 (29 items) 1 2 3 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Jun 12 2009 2:33 PM

• Brandy
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Mar 28 2007
    • Saving in South Mississippi
    • Posts 25,145

Summer Decor on a Budget

A small change in a room can be refreshing in the summer. So how can you afford to redecorate?

Read Summer Decor on a Budget

The Dollar Stretcher Community Manager

• Fri, Jun 12 2009 2:57 PM In reply to

• babs
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on Mon, Apr 2 2007
    • Vermont
    • Posts 10,988

Re: Summer Decor on a Budget

I do a lot of fresh flowers. These can be wild or from my garden.

I have taken the curtains down in the past. Put them back up in the fall

Different tablecloth is nice too.

Babs 

Officially recognized Stretchpert in Prayer Circle
  • Fri, Jun 12 2009 3:08 PM In reply to

I switch out my linens... I have a spring/fall cotton comforter (white with tan pattern one side/tan with white pattern on the other), a summer tropical weight down comforter (in a mint green color), and then the winter down one (blue but always covered with a tan duvet). I also tend to use more light colors in sheets/cases.

I'm not confused. I'm just well mixed. ~Robert Frost
    Laziness may appear attractive, but work gives satisfaction. - Anne Frank
    I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13

Married my Blessing 10-16-10 :)
    Became an Auntie 12-10-10 :)
  • Fri, Jun 12 2009 3:34 PM In reply to

• babs
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on Mon, Apr 2 2007
    • Vermont
    • Posts 10,988

DH loves the flannel sheets. Took them off about a month ago and put on a nice new pair of light color cotton sheets. He ask what happened to "his" flannel sheets. Babs

Officially recognized Stretchpert in Prayer Circle
  • Fri, Jun 12 2009 8:26 PM In reply to

• Brandy
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Mar 28 2007
    • Saving in South Mississippi
    • Posts 25,145

I bought fake flowers from the Dollar Tree to put over the windows, bookcases and mantle. I also added some indoor plants. 

The Dollar Stretcher Community Manager

• Fri, Jun 12 2009 8:37 PM In reply to

• swedluv
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on Sun, Jun 8 2008
    • North Carolina
    • Posts 1,713

I usually change the sheets and blankets on the beds, use the lighter colored towel (unless the kids are really dirty and the dirt magically stuck to their bodies after the shower), and this year we are painting a light neutral color. We are do that to update the house but the color is perfect for year round.

Lynn

• Mon, Jun 15 2009 1:16 PM In reply to

Blues and greens for summer, as the colours seem to offset our sweltering summer temperatures, and then darker, warmer colours for winter.

I like to have a couple of linen sets (bed linen, cushions, curtains), that I change around - that way I use them for years, without growing tired of them.

Flowers, candles always brighten a room. 

I also change knick-knacks regularly - once they've been in storage for a while and are then taken out again, they look like new

• Sat, Jun 20 2009 9:46 PM In reply to

• MarthaMFI
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on Wed, Apr 16 2008
    • New Westminster, BC, Canada
    • Posts 10,850

I switch our bedding.  for a summer comforter and sham set.  bought a new one  on clearance from avon this year $79. white with rows of roses and blue stripes. matches our shams I have from previous years.  I remove the hudson bay wool blanket.  our decor usually stays the same  kinda mid tones for most things. nice for year round.

I switch the wreaths on the front doors every couple of months. 

I bought new kitchen accesories  mat, curtains and oven mitts from avon. browns,creams and green herb pots design to freshen up the kitchen.  just bought shell themed bathroom decor items in cream/browns with blue tints.

Officially recognized Stretchpert in Hobbies and Crafts
  • Sat, Feb 13 2010 8:33 PM In reply to

Re: Ukrainology

the curtains in my room well that needs resewing there can't afford to do it this year but I bought a ccomforter this year next thing Im going to do is buy a fannel sheets and kinda do a cover for it cheaper then the curtains next year will be curtains.

• Sat, Feb 13 2010 9:12 PM In reply to

Some linens get changed to lighter colors, throw pillows get recovered and afghans switched out. All heavy winter items get put away. Thinking of some way I want to decorate the fireplace, maybe candles inside it, and some large artwork to cover the vent above it during the seasons when we don't use it. All house plants go outside because I spend so much time outside that I'd neglect them. When there are flowers in the yard we get arrangements in the house. AM
    Filed under:
Page 1 of 3 (29 items) 1 2 3 Next >
About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us